Sunday 21 June 2015

Creating with Croco Crackling !



Hi Everyone  
'm here today to share with you my entry for this months Challenge over at Craft Stamper - 'Take a Technique, with the technique being 'Texture' and this weeks Monday Challenge over at Simon Says 
Stamp .- 'Don't Cut just Paste!

I have altered a paper mache heart magnet using a textural medium called Croco by Viva Decor. Having used it a few times before without always achieving the best of results I decided it was time to give it another shot! Apologies in advance for the lack of photos showing the process- I got carried away in the creating!! 

I  began by priming the heart using Gesso. Once dry I painted the heart using acrylic paint - any will do - I chose a deep Burgundy red that I had in my stash. I had to paint at least a couple of coats to get the coverage I wanted, letting each coat dry before applying the next! 
Now it was time to 'Croco' !! 
If you're not familiar with it, its a textural type paste that creates a crackle effect!
Generosity of application is key to this product as the more you apply the deeper n more textural the cracks. Though Croco can be purchased in a variety of colours I chose to use transparent in order to retain the colour I had painted the heart
I applied the  Croco to the heart generously, trying not to go over the areas I had already applied it to n then set it aside to dry. As I wanted bigger cracks n deeper texture I left it to dry for 24 hours, room temperature .
Once the Croco was completley dry and had worked its magic (this time I was pleased with the result) I rubbed some black archival ink into the cracks and some gold gilding wax to accentuate the created texture .

I adorned the heart with some leaves (Martha Stewart punch) and  a die cut flower (Bitty Blossoms  Spellbinders die) embellished with a Burgundy bead n a couple of beaded pins  I adhered a stamped sentiment (Tim Holtz Stamp set Odds and end) and a few gold gems and  my Croco Cracked heart magnet was complete! 



If you've never heard/ used Croco before or have heard of it but shied away from using it I hope seeing the results that can be achieved will inspire / motivate you to give it a go . 

I would like to enter this piece of altered art into 
and 

Thanks so much for visiting today - always appreciated as are all your lovely kind comments. 
Hope you have all had a lovely weekend n are looking forward to the week ahead which just so happens to be the first week of Summer! Lets hope those temperatures risen we can enjoy some nice warm sunshine !
Time to hit publish so I do hope to see ya again real soon 
Take care 
Amanda x












11 comments:

  1. Lovely textual heart, love the colour and the dimensional flower too. Lovely. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab colour and gorgeous crackle ! A wonderful make x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh this heart is lovely Amanda! The gold wax really makes those crackles pop, fab technique! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda, this is just beautiful! Love the beautiful crackles, especially with the gold accent. You rocked this one, my friend! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous ..... love the colour and fab crackle too! Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful heart! Love all the crackles! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, fabulous!! Love the effect of the croco and the black archival and gilding wax really bring it to life! Love the way you embellished it too, - just stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crikey, that's a crackle and a half, love it. Never seen that product before!
    Totally lush make Amanda :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crikey, that's a crackle and a half, love it. Never seen that product before!
    Totally lush make Amanda :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crikey, that's a crackle and a half, love it. Never seen that product before!
    Totally lush make Amanda :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh em gee, this is absolutely stunning Amanda, I love the gorgeous crackles and the wonderful colour of the background and the flower on the top is just the icing on the cake - beautiful. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and for leaving comments . Both are very much appreciated .