Sunday 14 June 2015

For the love of Plants - In Monochrome


Hi Everyone n Welcome. 
Hope you're all enjoying the weekend even though the sunshine of last week has been out played by the rain! 
Have to say, I do love the freshness of the Spring/ Summer rain n I know all the plants in my garden are always grateful for a drink or two .....  talking of plants the Monday challenge for this week over at Simon Says Stamp is For the love of plants.... .. mmm, so many options! 
I have opted to make a simple tag using the gorgeous Tim Holtz Garden flower stamps released at CHA Jan 2015. Bet ya can't guess which flower I chose to use? 

Yay, You were right, the Conehead - my kind of flower for sure!
As you can see I kept my colour palette monochrome - well actually the only ink I used was Black Soot Distress Ink ! Hahaha, do I hear you saying, I bet she was in her element ??  You  bet I was ! Gotta love that black soot!  I do hope that my painting will show you that it doesn't always have to be dark but can offer up many shades n tones when used with water!

I stamped the Cone head in Black Archival n painted it using the Black Soot Distress Ink as a watercolour. I added a subtle shadow around the flower to add further dimension. Further detail was added using a black micron pen n a white highlighter pen .

I distressed the edges of the flower panel using Black Soot DI n ragged them before mounting onto a white card panel cut to size. 
At this point I threaded the ideology word band with black embroidery thread, highlighted the quote with white acrylic paint and fastened it around the panels.

A black panel was cut to size n edges ragged to provide the final mount before adhering to a white card tag. that I'd prepared earlier ( lol always wanted to say that )
I added some simple number stick-ons above the mounted flower panel, 4 on each side of the tag hole . I fixed an eyelet in place n threaded some black, white n grey strands through to create the hanging n the tag was complete. 
Simple, but I think by keeping it monochromatic,effective ! 
I would like to enter this Tag into

As I have kept my tag Monochromatic I would also like to enter it into

Thanks so much for visiting today - you are always welcome anytime! Thanks too for all the lovely kind comments you leave - they do mean alot . 
Hope the week ahead brings you all lots of 'Happy'
 n look forward to seeing you here again soon . 
Bye for now
Amanda

13 comments:

  1. Fabulous! My favourite stamp from that collection too. I love what you did with the Black Soot DI !!! Wow! not thought of using it for such a wonderful tonal colour. Just stunning! Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Amanda.
    The Coneflower is one of my favourite images and I love monochrome.
    Gorgeous-x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely monochromatic piece, love the shading and touches of white too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amanda. Love the use of the black soot! You have brought the flower to life and the shadow effect is a beautiful finish. Gorgeous.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Amanda, this is absolutely stunning! I love the coneflower best in that set too and you have used it so beautifully with your gorgeous monochromatic creation!

    Well done on your win at A Sprinkle of Imagination too! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it Amanda, fab projects in your blog too. Michelle xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really remarkable piece! I am a color-holic and would never dare to use Black Soot as my main color in a billion years! But you absolutely nailed this! I am so impressed at how much depth and realism and prettiness you achieved with your monochromatic palette. This reminded me of a beautiful charcoal or pencil sketch that would be hanging in an art gallery. You've taught me a lesson about how black and grey and white can really pack a punch and I admire what you've done here so much! Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing your talents with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty Amanda!! Love the look of that flower in black and white and the shading is wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a lovely, lovely tag Amanda! Clean and kind of grunge at the same time! wonderful coloring on your cone flower and lovely dimension! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is just divine. Love every thing about it, simply stunning :)
    Big hugs to you from Poppy and me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Drool over that stamp each time I see it, Amanda, and you have done it proud here! Beautiful tag with lots of yummy layers and detail!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So incredibly elegant Amanda! I love how you've put this beauty together. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gloriously subtle - what a fabulous monochrome version of that lovely flower. Brilliant! I'm ashamed I wasn't already a follower, but I'm signed up now!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and for leaving comments . Both are very much appreciated .