Saturday 6 June 2015

Royal


Hi Everyone 
Just wanted to share with you the card I made for Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge . This week's theme Challenge is 'Royal' .  However we chose to interpret this is up to us as long as it is inspired by all things Royal or Regal !!

So Royal mmmm , my first obvious thoughts were of Kings n Queens n Crowns n Jewels, but then my thinking wandered (n oh how it can wander, hahaha) to things like Queen Bees or feeling like the Queen Bee, the band Queen, a Royal Flush (as in card games), The Royal Mint (money), The Royal Mail .........
I  decided in the end to link  a few of my thoughts together and essentially create a very British feel to my card using the colours of the Union Jack (as we have a Royal Family), Queen Siouxie (The Queen of Punk) and also give a nod to The Royal Mail! 
N here it is 
The background I kept quite simple with just a light bit of stenciling to the right hand side of the cardstock using Tim Holtz dot fade layering stencil, Chipped sapphire n Fired Brick Distress Inks. I added a touch of further detail using a speckle stamp n Black Archival ink. I cut a wide strip of dark blue lined card stock n adhered it to the left hand side of the stenciling. 
Using Tim Holtz Bigz Postage Stamp die I created a frame for 'Queen Siouxie'. A trip to my local post provided the Union Jack infill of the postage stamp frame - part of an commemorative envelope made for the London Olympics 2012 (thank you Jane (my lovely postal clerk) you're a star) n a rummage through my mail provided the stamp embellishment to compliment the postage stamp frame.  I chose n stamped a quote from my stash and distressed the edges of all these with chipped sapphire.
'Queen Siouxie' (Dylusions stamp set - Strength) was stamped in Black Archival n watercoloured using Fired Brick n Chipped Sapphire. I added a touch of sparkle to her crown n glossy accents to her red lips n eyes.

 
After mounting the background onto a 6x6 card  n adhering all the parts in place I added a few little extra touches - hex nuts in the four corners topped with deep blue gems, some Tim Holtz  Ideology- a paper clip and arrow.

  I would like to enter this into 

Once again I would like to Thank you so much for stopping by n for all the ever so lovely comments you leave for me - it's  always a pleasure to read them all n you can be sure they always make my heart happy !

Have a lovely weekend n see you again soon 

Amanda x


10 comments:

  1. Lovely card Amanda, love how you incorporated and recycled an envelope to use in the background and love your focal image too, works perfectly set against the backdrop. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab composition and take on this weeks challenge theme

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this card and the inspiration behind it, which you've captured so well! Fabulous layers and I LOVE Queen Siouxie ~ she is perfect! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog...
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome make!
    I love all the layers and details, you totally rocked this challenge, good luck :)
    Hope the sun is shining for you today lovely, big hugs from Poppy and me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Amanda, how inventive of you. I love the flag idea in the postage stamp frame background and the addition of the foxy lady, who is quite beautifully dressed. This is such a beautiful make! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...you can feel the power! Love this Amanda.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  7. a really great project x sorry I am so behind commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending you the royal wave for this great piece, Amanda! And crowns off to letter carriers worldwide! Love how you used the mail theme here, and your queenly stamp is dah bomb! So well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cool, I love your Queen, what a great layout. Thank you for entering our challenge at ASOI this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and for leaving comments . Both are very much appreciated .