Tuesday 29 September 2015

12 Tags of Tim Holtz -September 2015


Hi Everyone 
I guess last month was a one off with my Tim tag making an appearance well before the the last 24 hours. Yet again this month I find myself cutting it fine and  just sidling my way in in the final hours - well as they say better late than never !! 
Tim's tag for September and how to create it can be found here so a I won't go into any great detail  of how I created my September tag - Tim does that way better than I instead I will highlight the things that I had to alter up  due to not having all the ingredients. 
The alcohol inks I used were Silver ,Wild Plum, Stream, Sailboat Blue, Stonewashed, Denim and I think I threw some Eggplant into the mix as well . I had created a few backgrounds before this one so the browny bits you can see in the photo are probably due to failing to clean my craft mat thoroughly -  shame on me , definitely not my usual practise .
For the tag, I used Hickory Smoke and Black Soot Distress Spray Stain in the same way Tim does in his Tutorial but when dry I picked up some of the 'dripped' spray. I like the mottled effect  doing this creates
My craft stash seems to be missing the stamp set Tim used this month so instead I used the fabulous butterfly from Tim's Fairytale Frenzy Stamp set . 
I had to use Vellum instead of Frosted too which is actually duller than the photos portray.
I finished my tag off following Tim's Tutorial and just as I always do I thoroughly enjoyed the creative process .
Here's my finished tag I am entering  into  
Its the first time I have used the transparent texture paste and though I'm not  a 'glossy' girl its definitely something I will be using again, in fact  I already have but that's another post for another day ! 
So all that remains today is to thank you for stopping by  and as always your visits and comments are very much welcomed and appreciated . 
Hope you all have a good week and  hopefully see you again soon 
Take care 
Amanda xx

4 comments:

  1. Oh yum - your colours are luscious, especially against that smoky grey background. Terrific take on Tim's tag, Amanda.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. really beautiful - love this xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is both gorgeous and inspirational I just love it. I must have looked at it on Facebook a dozen times and each time I see something different. Just love it!! You clever lady you!
    Sending gentle hugs your way from Poppy and me xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and for leaving comments . Both are very much appreciated .