Tuesday 28 June 2016

12 tags of Tim Holtz - June 2016

Hello and Welcome
Sorry for my recent lack of blog posts but thank you for hanging in there and being here with me today as I share  my version of Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2016- June.
I have followed Tim's excellent tutorial (both tag and tutorial can be found here) but I have given my tag a real American 'Stars and stripes' theme. Well with the 4th of July - Independence day less than a week away I thought why not?
and here it is
I used the stars stamp from Tim's 'Rockstar' stamp set to add detail to the plain tissue wrap for the background. To the right I stamped rows of 'u' 's' and 'a' using the long alphabet stamp from Tim's 'documented' stamp set
I chose to use a stamp rather than a stencil for the stripes inking the stamp with Distress ink, spritzing with water and then stamping onto Woodgrain paper stock -love the way the Woodgrain creates great textured lines.
I was able to add some stitching having set up my sewing machine recently - that was fun even if I am a little unpractised. I adhered a memo pin behind a number token to embellish one side of the tag . The number is highlighted with white distress crayon
Tim's occasions small talk stickers provide the sentiment  and notice Uncle Sam's black gem buttons and silver and red rose buttonhole! 
not forgetting the hanging star studded heart!
and once again my Stars and stripes tag in all its glory! God bless America. 
As always I really enjoyed creating this months tag, probably more so as my dear American friends and family were close in thought throughout.
Thanks Tim for all you do to nurture my inner creativity and for endlessly inspiring! 
Time now for me to go link this up to 
so for now I will love you and leave you and hope to see you all again soon . 
Thanks for all your visits, follows and comments - they are always appreciated . 
Take care 
Amanda 
xxx

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous tag Amanda. Love the Stars and Stripes theme, very effective take on this months tag. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just fantastic! All the small details ~ like the u.s.a stamping on the side ~ are brilliant! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful patriotic design on your version of Tim's tag Amanda - I love that die cut - keep resisting the purchase - but may have to reconsider! love the stenciled background - Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I soooo love this design Amanda, your Stars and Stripes theme is beautiful and such a brilliant idea. Love your creative mind xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tag Amanda! Love the theme and the vibrant color! BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my GOSH,Amanda! Forgive me if I gush, but this is the BEST tag I've ever seen, and not just for this month! You have nailed the best use of the die--perfect Uncle Sam! Your stars foreground is so gorgeous and the stripes on the wood grain paper is a stroke of genius! You are an incredible artist! Thank you for all your inspiration! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS Pinned to my absolute favorites board! Bravo, you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great improvisations! I LOVE how bright it all is, and of course love that it's patriotic! Gorgeous gorgeous take!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastic Amanda, I love the stamped rather than stencilled background, it really shows up beautifully behind the gent. Love this - loads!!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Visiting from seeing your wonderful Tim Holtz Jun Tag at TH CH. I like the Patriotic look you gave it. Have a Bee-utiful evng!
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to hang this on my buffet mirror for the weekend! PlEASE! ;0 WHAT a to die for cool rendition - AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply stunning, as always.
    Big hugs from Poppy and I xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and for leaving comments . Both are very much appreciated .