Friday 15 June 2018

Beautiful Greetings

Hello Everyone and Welcome

I have a couple of cards to share with you today that I have made using one of Tim Holtz new 3D Texture Fades. So which one have I chosen to work with? No, its not 'Foundry', 'Mechanics' or 'Lumber' as you would probably expect from this grungy gal, it is infact 'Botanicals'. 

The card design is the same for both cards just the colours and sentiment differ.
Card 1
I used black cardstock for the embossed panels 
I dabbed a distress oxide ink pad over the embossed panel to colour the raised embossing. Then using my finger I rubbed the applied ink into the recesses. Can you believe the DOX I used was fossilised amber !! 
I then ran an old Black archival ink pad over the inked embossed panel and applied gilding wax to accentuate the fabulous embossing. these 3D folders sure do create an incredible impression!
So not really wanting to cover any of it up I simply added a word banner.
Now for Card 2
This was created in exactly the same way as Card 1. This time I used Picked Raspberry Distress oxide,
the same old black Archival ink pad, 
silver gilding wax instead of gold  
and again simply finished off with a word Banner so as not to cover much of the deep, rich 3D embossing! 
I hope you have enjoyed my double offering of 3D embossing today. Thanks Tim for 'enabling' with such an amazing product! Keep them coming ....... :)

I would like to enter these cards into the following challenges:
Frilly and Funkie 'Letter Perfect' Challenge 

Thanks too to all of you for stopping by today. As always your visits, follows and kind words are very much appreciated . 
Hope you have a lovely weekend 
Until the next time, take care 
and
 keep on the happy side 
Amanda 
x

28 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous Amanda! Wow, what a great effect the DOX has on the black paper and the wax brings it to life! Super inspiring and beautiful! Big hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Autumn. Your kind words are much appreciated x

      Delete
  2. looks fab no wonder you didn't want to cover it up
    love
    Amanda X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Amanda, fantastic texture. The embossing is so deep. Love ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your technique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Amanda, both cards are gorgeous! Who would have thought those colours of Oxide would turn out like this... I was not going to have this EF until I saw it used and now it is a firm favourite. Great inspiration! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ever so much Anne . I do appreciate. I was the same re this EF but succumb to all 4 in the end . hugs x

      Delete
  6. Both of these cards are amazing! Combining these techniques/products was genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Kay. Your kindness is much appreciated x

      Delete
  7. I love how you highlighted the embossed images with the waxy finish. Beautiful cards and thank you for sharing them with us at Frilly and Funkie "Letter Perfect" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cards, Amanda! I have these folders, and have yet to try them out with the exception of one. (It went to the trash bin, because I added way too much product over the embossing! Ha! Ha!) Your result is truly beautiful and inspiring! I am so excited you shared your beautiful artwork with us at Frilly and Funkie in our Letter Perfect challenge! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much thanks Sara. Really appreciate . x

      Delete
  9. I am completely, utterly gobsmacked. These are sooo gorgeous! I love the wonderful patina you achieved with your inks and of course, the dimension is amazing. I'm so glad that you kept the design clean and simple to let the gorgeous raised images and subtle colors shine. Just wow! Thanks so much for joining the fun at the Frilly and Funkie "Letter Perfect" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ever so ! Kathy You kind words are much appreciated x

      Delete
  10. Wow, this is awesome and beautiful what you achieved with the the 3D texture fades and the DOX inks!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Monika. Appreciated x

      Delete
  11. Thank You so much for sharing this fabulous make Amanda x Love the background...so elegant and such depth too

    Sending hugs
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Annie . Really appreciate x

      Delete
  12. Both cards are stunning - I am in awe of this fantastic texture you achieved with the folders ! Great design style! Wonderful designs here: I am your newest follower!

    Hugs Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you so much Susi for your kind words and for becoming a follower . Both are much appreciated and I hope you will enjoy any time you spend here x

      Delete
  13. Wow - you've really brought out all the glorious texture in that embossing folder, Amanda - what a fabulous effect. I like both colour ways, but I think the Fossilized Amber is probably my favourite (and yes, I'm having a hard time believing that's the colour it was!). So sorry to have missed so much, but I'm hoping I'll have more time to play and to visit soon.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous. I have loads of these 3D embosing folders and always looking for new techniques to colour them. I agree far too nice to cover up. Just a sentiment is perfect

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and for leaving comments . Both are very much appreciated .