Tuesday, 21 April 2015

12 Tags of Tim Holtz -April 2015

Hi there, 
Thought I'd start this week off by sharing with you my take on Aprils tag for 12Tags of Tim April 2015

Though I followed some of the tutorial I had to throw my own spin on things a little due to my craft stash lacking in some of the supplies needed! Getting hold of the fab flower garden stampset n  thinlit dies proved near on impossible. 

So what did I do ? 
Well, I resorted back to my days of drawing n painting n after laying down a very light ( hardly visible ) watercolour wash onto watercolour card stock n spritzing with distress stain sprays (salty ocean n black soot) I drew my own flower using archival pens. I painted it using the layered watercolour technique n distress markers (Wild Honey, Mustard Seed, Crushed Olive, Gathered Twigs). Slight dimension to the flower was created by adding shadow using Pumice Stone distress marker  n highlights with a white highlighter pen .
Some finer detail was added to the flower using archival pens .  I also distressed the edges of this panel with Gathered Twigs distress ink to give it some 'lift' against the Kraft tag .

I altered the Kraft Tag following Tim's tutorial  - it can be found HERE n then I adhered the flower panel in place making sure to feed it through the slit.
I used the Inside Out alphabet die to create my sentiment n adhered my chosen word  'LOVE' onto the strip slit. For an extra touch of detail to accompany the letters on the strip I used one of the thinlit dies from the new scribbles n splats set- the oval one! I cut the centre away from the rest of the oval die cut n made it into a simple embellishment adhering it to the left of the word n highlighted it with a dull gold brad centre .

 The remaining part of the oval die I used as a hanger for the tag . ( kinda like how that worked)

Now I had a hanger  but a' redundant hole' in my tag !! After trying out a few things l thought the dull gold brad n washer worked the best . 

                                                      
   And here it is , my finished tag: 



I enjoyed going back to my 'playing artist' days (lol) making this tag aswell as making the most of the products I had by using them in various ways however I do feel the tag is crying out for some proper stitching but wasn't able to set up my machine given my  current upper body problems ! 

Thanks for popping by n thanks too for all the well wishes that were left me following my last post . They were more than appreciated n will definitely help keep me positive !  
Hope to see you again soon n in the meantime keep smiling - I will if you will !! xx
  













4 comments:

Redanne said...

When I saw this on FB I thought you had stamped the flower..... wow, your drawing is superb - I love it and the fabulous background you created! I think this is a brilliant take on Tim's tag. Wishing you well again... Hugs, Anne xx

Samantha Read said...

I fell in love with this on Facebook, it's lovely, better than Tim's :)
Gorgeous tag, mwah xxx

Nikki Acton said...

Lovely version! Your watercoloring of the flower is fabulous and your use of the scribble and splat die is genius! Nikkixx

ßeulah ßee said...

I admire this a lot!

While there are plenty of dies and stamps that make crafting fast and easy, I am always more attracted to creations with an element of "human-touch" like your most excellent hand-drawn flower so skillfully cut and tinted. I also am over-the-top with your hanger idea which works so perfectly here.