Friday 29 January 2016

Tag Friday January 2016 at A Vintage Journey

 Hello Everyone and Welcome

 Today over at A Vintage Journey its 'Tag Friday'! I'm sure many of you are already familiar with this tradition but for those of you who aren't let me explain . When there are 5 Fridays in a month ,the 5th Friday sees some of the  AVJ Creative Guides create and post a tag created in their own style.
So here I am today sharing my  'Tag Friday ' tag with you all . 

My tag was born out of my love for facial imagery and expression, especially the eyes, as they truly are the 'windows to the soul.'  So  with a certain stamp in mind I headed to my craft HQ and let the creativity commence . 


Taking a manila tag size #8 I applied colour using Tim Holtz Wrinkle Free Distress Technique and a few Distress Inks mainly in tones of blue.  Once completely dry I added more depth of colour using the blending tool with the Distress inks.


I then stamped the focal image (the main stamp from Tim Holtz Classics #5 stamp set) directly on to the inked background in Black Archival Ink.  As you've perhaps gathered this is the stamp I had in mind! I think it has to be one of my all time faves. 
Picking up water with a paintbrush I painted out some of the ink in areas around the face that I felt  needed highlights or emphasis, especially the eyes . This really made the face come to life. I also used a highlighter pen to enhance the eyes a little more.




I then added more detail to the background using stamps and Tim Holtz layering Stencils,Distress ink, Archival ink and Black Gesso along with a few circles and some splatters using Picket Fence Distress Paint.
I then masked off the face and spritz the tag with Perfect Pearls to give a slight shimmer to the background. 

I kept the embellishments simple as I didn't want to take anything away from the focal image- an ideology wordband and a few remnant rubs.  


I adhered the tag onto a black mount cut to size and attached an eyelet around the tag hole. To finish off I inked a length of crinkle ribbon (and my fingers oops!) using Black Soot Distress Stain Spray and fed it through the eyelet. 


 Here is my contribution to A Vintage Journeys Tag Friday .



I am really pleased with how it turned out - it speaks volumes to me personally and I would have to say its the kind of art I love to create. Hope you like it too. 
Be sure to stop by A Vintage Journey's blog if you haven't done already and see all the other fabulous tags some of my fellow Creative Guides have created . 

So that just leaves me today to thank you so much for stopping by and for the lovely comments you leave- I  do appreciate them greatly . 

See you again very soon, hopefully tomorrow, when I will be sharing my take on Tims tag for January 2016 .Yeh, its sure been a Creative week here at The Pink Craft HQ' !!
Have a great weekend 
Take care 
Amanda x

21 comments:

  1. A wonderful tag Amanda. I love the way you bleached and lightened to get the highlights which has created fabulous depth and perspective to the face and such unusual colours for the imagery. Great job.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic tag Amanda! Wonderful background and love what you did to finish it!! The white highlights really make the face pop, beautifully done and so expressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous tag!!! I love the background and the face!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bold and brilliant! The bleaching is so effective, great job xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is artwork at its very finest, Amanda! The word exquisite comes to mind!! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So moody and lovely. Great colors! S@ndy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunning tag Amanda, her eyes are memorizing! Thanks so much for sharing it, Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. The depth you created with the water and the highlighter is just fabulous! I love the wonderful background you created too, it is quite gorgeous... Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning. Beautiful and striking eyes. One of my favorite tags i'very ever seen.I really like the colors you chose. Really great blending and depth of color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jaw-droppingly incredible Amanda! You've gone to a whole other level on this! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amanda your tag is STUNNING !! Awesome work. I love the effect you achieved by removing paint with water. Fabulous result ! And lovely colors. Just LOVE your tag. Clever choice to keep it simple and not putting too much embellishment to it.
    Thanks for sharing an easyto follow step-by-step .....
    Hugs to you from Monica... Spain

    ReplyDelete
  12. BEAUTIFUL texture... she looks truly stunning Amanda. Adore this. j.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everyone has said it all Amanda! Stunning tag, stunning background, stunning stamped layers, just STUNNING!!! Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are absolutely amazing Amanda --- all ancient artists believed that the eyes are the window to the soul. I agree 100%. What we see in the world I believe we project with our lives. I acknowledge such cruelty and grief in this world but I also see great people who have gone before me and those who will go on and light the torch for us to follow.
    I love this tag Amanda and you are one of the lights that light my soul.
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Spectactular, Amanda... the inky background is gorgeous by itself, but the magical highlights you've given to that beautiful Tim Holtz face bring the whole tag singing to life. It's wonderful! Sorry I'm so late getting round...
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful tag, Amanda! I love that watery, glimmery background and your face really looks amazing there. You have truly given this face beautiful windows to her soul--love the use of the white high lights--just perfect! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I love this tag, love that you stamped the face on the great colorful background, so very beautiful! These were all a major source of inspiration to me. Thanks so much for your comment about my Tim tag, I am thrilled that he pinned it. :) Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amanda I'm in late to comment this masterpiece! I love your tag, it's wonderful, it tells a story, i Love it! BArbara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and for leaving comments . Both are very much appreciated .