Tuesday 26 July 2016

Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2016- July

Hi Everyone and Welcome .
Some of you maybe meeting me here from seeing one of the tags I created and blogged already for
 Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2016- July  and for some of you it maybe the first stop by my blog today and you won't have seen that tag yet. So for those who haven't hopped over here with me here's the link you will need to see the  post and tag  I am referring to.
Time now for the other one of the two tags I have created for this months 12 tags of 2016. Again as before and as mention in my earlier post I followed Tim's tutorial and techniques (which can be found here) but changed it up a little due to my craft stash lacking in some of the supplies. Forget the summer holidays/vacation season,here at Ink-A-Pink its all about the winter holiday season.
    I used Tim's Stampers Anonymous Christmas Blueprint 2 stamp set - love the skate blueprint stamp (brings back happy memories of my teenage weekends spent at the local rink speed skating- still have my 'Bauers' up in the attic somewhere) and Broken China, Stormy Sky, Hickory Smoke, Black Soot and Picket Fence Distress markers and Inks to watercolour and distress, not forgetting the resist with the Distress Micro Glaze. Such a fab product that I really must use more often. All thanks goes to Tim for reminding me of this .
The words are created using Tim's Sissix Handwritten Holidays thinlit dies and Holiday Words Thinlit dies. I also used a  silver pen this time to add highlights to the word 'peace'. Love how this makes it 'pop'. You'll notice too that I have chosen to use a deep blue tag this time , die cut using Tim's Bigz L Tags and Bookplates die.
I finished off the hole on my tag with an eyelet- in this case aged silver. The hanging snowflake was silver/pewter but  it was too shiny (imho) so I toned down the shine using silver Alcohol ink and Hickory Smoke distress crayon and added an brad to the centre. Of course there had to be some paint splatters (you know I love my splatter brush) to give the impression of falling snow and  the white ice dust that blades on ice createTim's new Distress Mica sprays give the image a delicate shimmer - you're gonna have to trust me on this one as the lens has failed me yet again
This tag has five aged silver star fasteners in line with all the other metal embellishments and silver highlights and shimmer and a micron Archival ink pen created the faux stitching( yes, my sewing machine is still sat on the naughty step after refusing to play fair)
and here again is the other of the two tags I have created for Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2016

I really have enjoyed creating both tags (the other can been seen here) just as I always do. Tim's monthly tag is something I always look forward to seeing and creating. So thanks once again Tim for providing the continual creativity and inspiration that you do. 
Don't forget I'd love to know which of the two tags you prefer. Despite my earlier indecision I think its this one that has my heart - probably because of those happy ice skating memories and smiles it brought to life whilst I was creating it. 
A huge thanks goes out to you all for the time you have spent with me today. I really do appreciate it but its time now to love you and leave you 
and 
look forward to seeing you all again soon . 
Take care 
and 
keep on the happy side 
Amanda 
xxx

15 comments:

  1. Nope, can't make my mind up about which one I prefer. Loving them both!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful and wonderous tag you created (both tags are!). Love the Christmas theme you have going and your use of the glitter gives this an elegant feel. Top notch coloring of the ice skate! Wowzers! This is Fantabulously awesome sauce! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fabulous Tim tag Amanda and I love the colouring of the boot xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the coloring of this tag, too, and the glitter makes it extra special! Both tags are awesome takes on the July theme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome tag amanda. Looks so cool. Love it. Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I just love this one too Amanda. Love the coloring. This remix of techniques is perfect for Christmas tags. I really cannot decide which one I like the most. Seriously great tags!! -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this tag - gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous take!!! Love the wintery Christmas theme... Never too early to start.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I came here first but saw both on FB. This one has to be my favourite, for the very same reason as you. I love the black background, great skate, beautifully enhanced. LOVE this Amanda! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brill Tim tag Amanda! You really have a great talent in art! Can you guess who sent this?

    ReplyDelete
  11. i am so in love with your tags!! my favourite thing about the remix this year is that i get to use products that i just had to have that get forgotten and being able to see all the different takes!! so glad i found yours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love love this winter interpretation of Tim's tag! Wonderful coloring and the black bacground is perfect! Amazing! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just gorgeous, as always I love your composition and attention to details.
    Hugs from Poppy and me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful design using the skate stamp Amanda - beautiful coloring with the blue - a lovely Christmas tag! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just lovely! The dark background with white splatter is so so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and for leaving comments . Both are very much appreciated .