Tuesday 26 July 2016

Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2016- July

Hi Everyone and Welcome
Apologies again - I really must kick this lack of blog posts into touch ....I can't say lack of creativity as there has been lots of that going on but its all in prep for you to see in future posts. I have to confess though as the Mercury soared here in the UK during the last couple of weeks I did indulge in some 'rays', much needed Vitamin D and happy 'vibes' the Sun was so generously offering.
Today though here at Ink-A- Pink  its time to forget the summer holiday/ vacation season and think more about the winter holiday season as I am sharing my take on Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2016 - July. I have followed Tim's tutorial and techniques (which can be found here) but changed it up a little due to my craft stash lacking in some of the supplies Tim used on his.
I also have an added extra for you too as I made 2 tags - kind of a 'buy one get one free' hahaha.  Actually I made 3 but the third has yet to be finished! After much thought I have decided to blog them as two separate posts (making up for the recent lack of posts) so here's the link for one of them and here's the one I am sharing on this post
I used Tim's Stampers Anonymous Christmas Blueprint 2 stamp set and Festive Berries, Fired Brick, Scattered Straw, Walnut Stain and Ground Espresso Distress markers and inks to watercolour paint and distress, creating a resist with the Distress Micro Glaze. Thanks Tim for the reminder that I NEED to use this product more often.
The words are created using Tim's Sissix Handwritten Holidays thinlit dies and Holiday Words Thinlit dies. I also used a gold pen to add highlights to the word 'Christmas'. Love how this makes it 'pop'
I like to seal and finish off the hole on my tags with an eyelet- in this case gold. The hanging snowflake was originally silver/pewter but gold alcohol ink soon changed the 'Ag' to 'Au'! Notice the liquid pearl drops on the neck of the bauble and of course the paint splatters. Oh I do love my splatter brush! Tim's new Distress Mica sprays give the image a delicate shimmer - you're gonna have to trust me on this one as the lens has failed me..... again!
Three of the five star fasteners were altered with gold alcohol ink to compliment the gold snowflake and a micron Archival ink pen provided the faux stitching. (my sewing machine decided to throw a 'wobbler'- its now sat on the naughty step)  
And here is one of the two tags I have created for Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2016- July
As always I loved creating this months tag, so much so I made and finished two - be sure to check out my other one here! Maybe you could let me know which one you prefer as I couldn't decide but no surprises there really as I am the 'Queen of Indecision'! 
Thanks Tim, yet again, for another month of creative inspiration. Life sure got a whole lot happier with a monthly Tim tag to make.
Time now to go link this up and then head on over to hopefully meet you on the flip side to share details of my other Tim tag for July 2016
Thanks as always for your visits, comments and follows. I really do appreciate them and each and everyone of you
See you real soon 
Take care 
Amanda 
xxx

28 comments:

  1. So so beautiful Amanda! Loving this take on Tim's tag and so glad you got to enjoy the rare sight of the sun recently xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the warm colour and the theme, great take on July tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful tag! You did an awesome job with your coloring. Both of your tags are amazing, so it's difficult to pick my favorite of the two. Christmas crafts are always my favorite :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag amanda. Really great colouring. Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Amanda! I can't decide which one I like the most. I love them both!! This is fantastic. Love the coloring on the ornament. Really awesome take on Tim's July tag!!! -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pleased to hear that you got some 'rays' recently, I hope that is not 'it' for our summer this year! lol. I love this take on Tim's tag too, your colouring of the bauble is brilliant and the gold embellishments are perfect! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this design so much! I really can't choose which one is my favourite. It was Eva who sent the messegages! Did you guess?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really beautiful, you used the wonderful colors, this tag is a little gem.
    The tag with skate is also lovely, but between the two, this is my favorite. Congratulations for your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I saw your more recent post before this one - and I love this design as well with your prettily colored ornament, charm and stars - another beautiful version of Tim's July tag! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my word, these are stunning! You did such a great job with your coloring (I chickened out on that part... :() This is really a fantastic take and will go far in prepping you for Christmas. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amanda, you have tipped the scales on your tag this month; I absolutely love, LOVE LoVe!!!! this one! Every detail is perfectly executed and your coloring is exquisite! Well done and without doubt a winner! Put me on your Christmas list, dear! Tee Hee! Oh, and your comment about your sewing machine has me in stitches! HaHaHa Get it? "in stitches"??

    On another note, I must apologize for not being around more and sooner. It seems I cannot get myself properly organized for blogging after returning from vacation, much less crafting. I really need to be focusing on my DT commenting, but I was lured over here after dropping off my very late Tim entry. So happy I was distracted; I'll be back to catch up! Thank you for your sweet words of encouragement on my blog...it's people like you who keep the love in bloggng! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pinned AND a winner - huge congratulations Amanda!!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats on winning at Tim's!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your win! Awesone tag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can I pick 'em or what?! Huge congratulations! I'm so happy you won! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! Saw it on pinterest and loved it! Glad it was selected in Tim's list!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutley gorgeous!! Love that you went with Christmas! congratulations on your win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thrilled for you! Clearly Tim picked a favourite!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on the win! Fabulous Christmas tag.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You nailed it sweetheart! Way to go! Biggest congrats on your win for this spectacular display of stamping. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on your win at Tim's. I love your Christmas Themed Tag. Gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning tag!! Love the Christmas theme....congrats on the win!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats! Great ideas doing a Christmas tag in July...it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a gorgeous tag with beautiful watercolor work.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Amanda xx huge hugs on your win x you will be thrilled to be aTim Tag winner xxxx

    Huge hugs
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and for leaving comments . Both are very much appreciated .