Friday 3 August 2018

How Can You Resist? - A Vintage Journey August 2018 Challenge

Hello Everyone and Welcome

Today we launch our new challenge over at A Vintage Journey and I will be your host this time with the challenge theme  

'How Can you Resist?
'There are many different products in mixed media that you can use to do a 'resist technique'- gesso, distress micro glaze, wax, embossing powders etc. We would like you to use at least one resist technique on your vintage, shabby, mixed media, art journalling, industrial, timeworn or steampunk project '.
I have created a mixed media canvas in shades of blue for my host challenge



As I will be sharing details of how I made this canvas over at AVJ on Friday !7th August I have just a brief account of the creativity and a few photos to share with you today.

I used a couple of Distress Oxides for the 'shades of blue' and 3 different products for the resist techniques

which were Gesso, an old favourite

Remnant Rubs - another old favourite .

and Tim Holtz distress resist spray (a definite new favourite)

I love the speckles of white the distress resist spray creates!

As you will have noticed I also added some stamping and texture paste stencilling

and of course a few of my much loved paint splatters

The focal feature was the sum of a few parts: a Seth Apter woodchip altered with inks and gesso, a square of ink/ resisted card, a crackle paint die cut and a glossy watercoloured butterfly.

All stacked on top of one another to add layers and dimension.
Both butterfly and woodchip were embellished with Tim Holtz Ideology.

My 'Shades of Blue' mixed media Canvas

I hope I have offered some creative inspiration for our 'How Can you Resist? Challenge .
If you haven't already be sure to stop by A Vintage Journey to see some of my fellow Creative Guides fabulous projects.

We hope you will join us in this challenge as we are looking forward to seeing your 'Resist' projects.
There will be 3 Pinworthy winners chosen at the end of the challenge and each winner will be awarded a pinworthy badge for their blog and have their work pinned to our pinterest board .

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Craft Stamper Timi Challenge, August: Anything Goes.

Thank you so much for stopping by today. I always appreciate you taking time to visit, follow and comment .
I wish you all a lovely weekend
Take care and keep on the happy side
Amanda
x

21 comments:

  1. Amazing project! Love all the texture and colors.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful resist project Amanda! love the blues - all the textures and that wonderful butterfly layered on top of the squares! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy - as always xx Will look forward to reading your tutorial on AVJ xx Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a stunning canvas! The colours and all the details that you created look amazing, I can't wait to see your full tutorial 😁. I'm loving the theme you have chosen this month, thanks for the inspiration and Happy August! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda your resist canvas is stunning! I love that you’ve used multiple resist techniques. Looking forward to learning more of the details on Friday. The wonderful close-ups have got me yearning for more! Your work is so beautiful, I am inspired xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning- I love the textures, colours and the fantastic design with this beautiful focal point- GREAT! A wonderful theme!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful Amanda and such a great challenge theme too x Amazing resist and I love the fabulous butterfly details

    TFS and have a lovely weekend
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great I love the zig-zag lines like some kind of monitor reading lively and full of energy. Look forward to reading more about all the different resists you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wow!!!!!! This canvas makes me anything but blue. Love it. This is an incredible composition. And the techniques here are awesome. Amazing as always Amanda! Hugs. Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. A stunning project Amanda! I love the blue, the butterfly, the texture - everything! I am looking forward to seeing the details. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just love this canvas, so much fabulous detail and texture to keep admiring. Brilliant make.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Amanda, love your colour palette and I definitely have to break out my Resist Spray and play, what a great effect! Can't wait to read all of the details in your upcoming tutorial, thanks for a great challenge and for sharing your beautiful canvas! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just couldn't 'resist' commenting!!! Hehe! LOVE the effects of this and all the many subtle layers. Gorgeous tones of blue too and love that layered butterfly! Super beautiful artsy project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful, indeed, Amanda! What a fabulous study of resist techniques! Your composition is spot on and your closeup photos are stunning! As always, you put your heart into your work and create such beautiful ART! Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Amanda, this is stunning! Fabulous details and wonderful resist - very much looking forward to your tutorial later in the month. Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning Amanda - I just love the tones of blue and that background! Cant wait to see the tutorial xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such an amazing canvas Amanda, absolutely stunning in every little detail and I just cannot wait for the full tutorial now! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fabulous canvas, Amanda - there's such a light and airy feel to it, and so much glorious texture. Beautifully composition, and your layered butterfly over his crackled plaque is a brilliant focal element. Looking forward to the full tutorial - wow!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW! This looks amazing. So much detail and fabulous textures .... love it! Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow! such a stunning project :) loved the tutorial. thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE your project! Amazing! Thank you for playing along at Craft Stamper blog challenge. Hoping to see you with us again in September!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and for leaving comments . Both are very much appreciated .