Thursday 24 March 2016

Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2016- March

Hi Everyone

I feel i need to start today by apologising for the lack of blog posts over the last few weeks. Unfortunately my good intentions to create and blog more often have been much of a non starter so far this year as 'life' just keeps getting in the way!!
Anyways, how are you all? Hopefully you are all good and looking forward to Spring and the Easter holidays .Seems like only yesterday that the month of March was just beginning and now we find ourselves nearly at the end. So with that said I'm here today to share with you my take on Tim Holtz 12tags 2016- March.

On the whole I have followed Tim's tutorial  to create my tag so this post will be picture heavy with just a few words from myself - hahaha, now there's a first, said I , the 'queen of waffle'!

Although my distress crayons have already had a test run it was great to create with them again. They really are a pretty cool product and a great addition to Tim's distress range. 


All the following photos will show different parts of the altered corrugated tag,  aswell as close ups of the main features.
The Butterfly apertures 


I love how you can use the crayons to highlight the words on the Ideology typed tokens and word bands - so quick and easy !  Due to space I used an Observations word band beneath the butterflies



 and added a typed token tied and looped through the eyelet of the tag  .  


And here is My finished version Of Tim's tag 
that I will be entering into Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2016- March


I always enjoy making Tim's tag and this one was no exception.  It really is a wonderful opportunity to embrace the creativity that Tim is always so willing to share with us all - so 'Thanks ever so Tim.'

If I have time I hope to create a second version, an idea I had this morn that I'm all fired up to try out, so watch this space !! 
Thank you so much for stopping by today and for all the lovely words you so generously leave for me to read each time you visit . I am so lucky to have such kind, supportive , encouraging friends and followers as yourselves . 
Wishing you all a very happy Easter and a lovely weekend 
take care 
 Amanda 
xxx 

12 comments:

  1. Your tag is fabulous Amanda, I love the vibrancy of the colours with the crayons (I could play forever with them) and also how easy they are to use. Your colour choices work so beautifully together and they stand out so well with the darker corrugated card over. A brilliant take on Tim's tag!

    Hope you have a lovely Easter weekend! Big hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those butterflies look gorgeous against the natural corrugated card. You have reminded me Amanda I really must use those butterflies. Lovely take on his months tag. Tracy x X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, Amanda! The contrast is impossible to ignore. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm love the richness of the colours and contrasts on your tag Amanda. A fabulous take on Tim's March one.
    Happy Easter.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and bright color...so eye catching. Great take, and happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous take on Tim's tags Amanda x love the wonderful details x hope you are keeping well huge hugs Annie x
    Happy Easter xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just popped back again Amanda as I wanted to thank you for visiting my blog and leaving me such a lovely comment on my news, I so appreciated it and to say Happy Easter (again).
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scrumptious remix, Amanda - love the brights with the earthy corrugated texture. We're working 2 - 11pm today so just time to dash round and wish you a happy Easter!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous colours Amanda, wonderful take on Tim's tag! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS - Loving those crayon colour mixes xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and for leaving comments . Both are very much appreciated .