Sunday 27 December 2015

12 Tags of Tim Holtz - December 2015

12 Tags of Tim Holtz - December 2015
Hello Everyone 
Hope you have all had a wonderful Christmas sharing the LOVE and enjoying some magical moments !
I must begin by apologising for not being around much during December! Things got a bit crazy here what with health issues and all the Christmas prep I was so behind with that I sadly have had little time spare to be creative and blog .Usually I am so organised for Christmas and everything is normally all good to go by the end of November but this year things really did leave me spinning!! 
Needless to say the 'chilled white' has got me through and I'm back today in blog land to share with you my take on Tim Holtz tag for 12 tags of 2015- December
I've  followed Tim's Tutorial to create my tag,  making the necessary changes due to my craft stash lacking some of the craft supplies that Tim has used on his tag . 

I used a piece of cream burlap to cover my tag before spritzing Fired Brick Distress Stain Spray through Tim's Flourish layering Stencil. I have to admit despite having a few spritz /stencilling doubts. I am really impressed with the end result! 

I only have one of Tim's punches (Laurel  so I also used a couple of the dies from Tim's Holiday Greens Thinlit Dies to create my wreath. I used both green and brown shades of Kraft Core card stock.
 

I adhered my foliage, as Tim does on the Tutorial, starting at the bottom of the wreath but I adhered the foliage in a continuous circle - lets say an unintentional error that I think I may just have gotten away with! 

I used the medium sized bow and embellished it with a silver button that I altered using Alcohol Inks (mushroom and gold) 

Santa was kind enough to bring me one of Tim Holtz splatter brushes for Christmas and as you can see i had great fun trying it out !  Its a must have in my opinion - splatters so much better than an ordinary paint brush . Thanks Santa - hope the mince pie I left for you was as good as my splatter brush is!  

I  thought I had the required small talk stickers but nope - wrong again so I have used a much loved  sentiment stamp instead.  I had to resort to some good old hand sewing too as my sewing machine is not 'in situ' at present .  

I always finish off my tags by mounting on to card stock and fixing an eyelet around the hole of the tag to feed my choice of hanger through - in this case its a length of natural jute. 

 Here's my finished tag

  

I would like to enter this tag into the following challenges 

I have loved joining in Tim's tag's this year and as a result of participating I now have a great body of work that I have to say I'm really proud of.  I really hope Tim's up for doing another 12 tags for 2016 .
Fingers crossed !!

 I guess its time now for me to go and make a start on my next piece of creativity so until the next time I will love you and leave you and thank you too for stopping by today.  All your visits, comments and follows are very much appreciated ! 
Wishing you all a lovely week ahead
Take Care 
Hugs Amanda x

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag Amanda, loving the backdrop and your foliage and bow are gorgeous. Hope,you have a great New Year. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is just soooo beautiful. The colours are stunning and I love the splatter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scrumptious - I love the red on the cream burlap, and bravo you on the hand-stitching (I just forgot all about it!). Fabulous take on the December tag.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so gorgeous and wonderfully festive without being over the top Christmassy. Just love it!!
    Hope you had a lovely Christmas time Amanda. Big hugs from Poppy and me always xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so very beautiful amanda. i love it! hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just amazing, Amanda!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Amanda, I love how the red stands out on the cream burlap - a brilliant idea and your wreath looks amazing, the splatting finishes it off beautifully. Love, love, love this!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amanda - you are always a surprise and a happy one too! I love the cream burlap and how it turned out. How did you adhere the burlap to the tag? Your background is perfect - I am sure I would make a mess of it but I sure want to do some things with burlap - makes for a wonderful background. I love your hand sewing on this!!! Great idea!

    Amanda - I wish you a wonderful and healthy 2016!!!!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous tag Amanda, love your take on Tim's original!! The red and green are so vibrant!! Just popped in to say I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, and I'm sending cheers for a Happy New Year! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your take is just as perfect as the original by Tim! So very beautiful. Glad to see Santa was kind to you, yes the splatters are amazing! The hand stitching is so much better - love it! And great tip on mounting the tag then punching the eyelet. Great idea! <3 Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your take on Tim's tag is a favorite of mine! Your spraying is so vibrant and your wreath so full! Very pretty, and happy you got your wishes in your Christmas stocking! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This really is a beautiful version Amanda. Happy New Year! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your bright red stenciling on the white burlap - what a gorgeous version of Tim's tag Amanda! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and for leaving comments . Both are very much appreciated .