Thursday 26 May 2016

'Think Pink'- Guest Designer at Stamps and Stencils

Hello Everyone and Welcome
Hope you are all doing ok and having a great week so far. 

Today I am a Guest designer over at Stamps and Stencils having been fortunate enough to be their Challenge winner in April for my 'Spring is in the Air' altered canvas (if you missed it it can be seen here) and I really am thrilled and honoured to have been given such a wonderful opportunity to share some of my creativity on such a fabulous blog that has a very talented design team. 
With most of the details about my project over on Stamps and Stencils blog  I'll just take you on a quick tour around my project including a little story about a photo I have used.
When I learned that Stamps and Stencils challenge theme this month, hosted by Branka, was 
'Think Pink'
I couldn't help but smile! If I'm honest I laughed out loud! It had my name written all over it- literally!!
Hahaha! 
So there really was only one way I could go with this challenge I thought- and that was to make something that had a little bit of 'me' in it, on it or about it!
Here's what I made - a 5x7 inch altered canvas using tones of pink and an old school photo of a little girl (me) called Pink! 
Looks like butter wouldn't melt doesn't it with those eyes and that smile ....mwahhhh!  

 
So lets start with the canvas

 I do love the Tim Holtz dot fade stencil (it has been said that I can drive people dotty). There's also some lightly stenciled numbers. (Maths was my favourite subject at school, oh along with art of course) and some 'Hot Pink' paint splats (I love the carefree creativity of splats) 
I also added some crazing
cracks and nuts (me,crazy? cracked? nuts? hahaha I'll let you decide)

The photo is an old school photo, taken when I was about 8/9 that I resized and developed in black and white. I think of all my school photos its my favourite. However I'm sure my mum would beg to differ as she was,lets say a little disappointed that my hair wasn't in the the very neat and tidy 'a bit up and a bit down' style I left home with that morning! Well believe it or not the parting that looks like the 'hinds legs of a donkey' wasn't my fault even though that cheeky grin may suggest otherwise. It was indeed the fault of a boy in my class who en route to  pose for the camera decided it would be so funny if he ruffled up some of the girls hair and yes I was his main target!
Thanks Peter for making a memory that never fails to make me smile ! 
To finish off my 'Pink' canvas I added a personal wish and 'note to self .....'
and now for the arty shot
I thoroughly enjoyed creating this canvas and am really pleased with how it turned out. I really hope you like it too.
Huge thanks to all the team at Stamps and Stencils for the Guest design spot today - it has been a real priviledge and honour .
I would like to enter this  canvas into the following challenges
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge- Make a Wish!
Country View Crafts- May Challenge and Blog Hop - Use a Stencil
Anything but Cute Challenge #13 Celebrate your style 
 Creative Carte Blanche- Wood .... a word.... and something wild!
( wood= photo frame, words = small talk sticker , Wild= my hair!!)  

 Thank you so much for stopping by today. Your visits, comments and follows are always welcomed and appreciated 
Hope you all have a lovely weekend and the sun shines down on you all 
Take care 
Amanda 
xxx

17 comments:

  1. Congrats on your guest spot Amanda and I just adore your canvas. Love the photo of you and the crackled mount it sits on and that beautiful textured background is perfect as the backdrop. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great design Amanda, I LOVE all the gorgeous crackle, the pink tones (of course!) and your lovely photo! Congratulations on your GDT spot too! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvellous - love your pink Pink framing, gorgeous crackle and fabulous layers. Congratulations on a fabulous (and brilliantly apt) guest spot.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think its an adorable photo - really wonderful! Beautiful design too amanda and that crackle is amazing - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely textural, tactile piece Amanda. Love the delicacy of the pink and what an adorable image which you have framed beautifully. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda it's a pleasure to comment your work!!! I love every detail: colors, crackle effect and your picture.... so beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us your art on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your GD spot Amanda. What a fun personal piece this is with so much lovely texture. All that gorgeous stencilling is perfect for our May "Use a stencil" challenge over at Country view, thanks for entering and good luck.
    Jane DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a gorgeous project , love the layers , the gorgeous photo and your use of such a tricky colour !! hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amanda...this canvas is WONDERFUL! I really love your canvas background with the embossing and the stamping, not to mention the mottled painted background. It's brilliant! Then I totally love your crackled insert piece. That looks amazing! I adore the black and white picture that is the focal point. That totally makes the entire piece with the "love yourself first" sentiment below and the black button beads on the four corners. This piece totally speaks to me and I hope alot of other people in this Creative Carte Blanche community! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely layers and crackle ! Fantastic ! Thanks for joining us over at Country View Challenges !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous canvas Amanda, love the wonderful textures and splatters and what a great picture, you were (are!) a cutie! Congratulations on your guest designer post and thanks for sharing your beautiful project. Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much, Amanda, for sharing this sweet canvas with us at Creative Carte Blanche. That cute smile!!! Oh my gosh, what a little imp you were. Very nice, I love the crazing and you fit your elements into the Wood, Word & Wild theme beautifully! Nice work and nice girl to share with us. <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Think Pink! Yes..you got my attention right off the back! hehehe...love the splashes of pink and that crackle is amazing! What a great canvas...and I can relate with the wild hair, wink.....thanks so much for playing along with us at Creative Carte Blanche!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, Amanda, I have to say it is a happy day today because I've finally gotten over to see the details of this amazing work of art! I viewed the thumbnail the other day, when my laptop was allowing me peeks of this and that, but no way to connect to your blog. Well, I'm here now to tell you that this is an fabulous Pink story and an even more incredible mixed media piece! It goes without saying I adore your crackle and it looks just incredible linked up with the dotty stencil. I could just blabber on about this all day long, but let's just say it is a favorite work of yours for me, and is going into my All Time Favorites pin board.

    Oh, I almost forgot--congrats on the Stamps and Stencils GDT gig--they couldn't have picked someone better and thank you for joining our Celebrate Your Style challenge at Anything But Cute. Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh shoot! PS I love your photo! Speaks volumes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so pretty Amanda!! And what a cute photo of you, and a fun memory. Gorgeous textures and layers. Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and for leaving comments . Both are very much appreciated .