Friday 22 April 2016

Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2016- April 2016

Hello Everyone and Welcome 

How are you all doing? Hope you are lucky enough to be enjoying some warmer Spring days , possibly even some glorious Sunshine. So far this week, there 's been 3consecutive days of beaming rays shining down in my little corner of the world and its been wonderful
So not really the ideal weather to be stuck indoors crafting, but I had a tag , Tim's tag ( amongst other things) to make so that's what I've been doing - crafting with Tim and spending 'drying' time outside enjoying the sun. Perfect!   
It was my first play with the mosaic Kit so I decided to follow Tim's tutorial for this months tag pretty much to the letter making only a couple of changes due to a lack  of a few of the supplies. You can see Tim's for April 2016 and how he created it here and as he explains everything so so well in his tutorial there really is no need for me to go into any great detail. 



and a few photos of the creative process.
The Bird
Die cut, grouted, paper pieced and left to air dry before glazing ....


.....and now with the glaze applied to the paper pieces.


Impressed? You bet I was! With the kit, its ease of use,its ability to be distressed and the fabulous end result- so cool! I would highly recommend investing in this kit, if you haven't already. I hesitated at first but am so glad I splashed the cash in the end. I am looking forward to using it again soon.  

The Woodgrain card stock panel  
I used Antique Linen distress paint, Broken China and Hickory Smoke distress stains.


The Tag
I used Ground espresso and Walnut Stain distress spray stains. Once the tag was dry I blended in some Brushed Corduroy distress ink with a blending tool as I don't yet have that colour in the spray. Seems I forgot to take a photo of the tag( sorry) but you will see it in the following photos of the top and bottom of the tag
I used an Ideology word token ( don't have the number ones) tied with natural twine to the arrow and did some hand sewing over the vial sticker (my machine is not currently in situ). I altered the star with mushroom alcohol ink (mm the 'lens' hasn't picked this up in this shot) and attached an eyelet to seal the tag hole  


Some more hand sewing over the ruler tape and a trio of bleack gem beads to embellish the right corner completed my tag for April 2016.

 If I show you the finished tag again you can see on this photo that the 'lens' has captured the brown tint on the star and the fabulous gloss of the mosaic tiles


I always enjoy making Tims tags and this one was no exception- Thank you Tim. 
Time now to head on over and link my tag up to   
and then look forward to seeing and creating next months- only 8 more sleeps to go - Yay!


Thank you so much for popping by today! Your visits, comments and follows are always very much welcomed and appreciated. 
Hope you have a lovely weekend and the sun shines downs on you all
Take care 
Amanda 
xxx

6 comments:

  1. Amanda, I love your take on Tim's tag, it is brilliant. The Postale papers really stand out beautifully on the mosaic area and your wood effect background is superb!

    Glad that you have been able to enjoy the sunshine too, fingers crossed we get a few more days.... Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a wonderful a take on Tims tag , love the papers you have used xx hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wow from me to, this is wonderful :)
    Big hugs from Poppy and me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Amanda! Perfect job on the tag! Love those Postale papers on your perfectly mosaic-ed birdie and all the extra little embellishments you added! And HAND sewing! I'm hugely impressed! Woodgrain-check! Love the colors you used! Just an amazing take on the tag! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful remix - there's a real glow to it, both the glossy tiles and that wonderful rich brown in the background. Love the elegant woodgrain panel, and perfect embellishing.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and for leaving comments . Both are very much appreciated .