Friday 30 July 2021

Happy Birthday to You....

 Hi Everyone 

It's been far too long since I posted something here on my blog that isn't a quick dt redirect post so my hope and aim moving forward is to try and post more often some of the 'things, makes and creates' that come from any 'self' creative time I have. 

Today seems like as good a time as any to make a start so here goes .....  

I've recently been having fun creating with some of Tim Holtz products both new and not so new. You may have seen the card I shared here and here last week and the postcard I shared yesterday here and here that featured a couple of  Tim's new Stampers Anonymous stampsets: 'Inquisitive' and /or 'Observations'.

The tag I'm sharing today features Tim's new Stampers Anonymous 'Bold Sayings' (CMS433) stampset, along with the new layering stencil: 'Nature'(THS154) and the new distress colour 'Prize Ribbon'.  

Now, I may be a little 'blue biased' (it's one of my fave colours in all it's many guises) but 'Prize Ribbon' is rather lush and I have a good feeling we are gonna become inky friends. 

Dare I stick my neck out and say I reckon it would team up with pretty much every other distress colour in the family ???  I'm sure gonna be trying to see! 

On this occasion it's a Prize Ribbon and Crackling Campfire distress spray stain combo with the odd speckle of Salvaged Patina distress oxide spray. 

 
Now, I thought I'd taken a pic of the inky background before I added to it but after scouring my camera for 'said' photo it seems I didn't so apologies for falling short there. 

Hopefully though the few photos I do have to share will demonstrate the richness and depth of the colours both individually in their own right and together as a fabulous combo. 
They also show the Salvaged Patina Oxide speckles.  
When using inks I almost always use Oxides to speckle/ splatter as their properties allow them to sit on top of the inks already laid down rather than be absorbed into them. 


I chose to use the 'Happy Birthday' Bold Saying stamp. It a great size for a #8 tag and 'the fit' allowed it to be the focal feature. 
Embossing the saying with white powder gave it the 'spotlight' against the richer background tones and 
I love how the Salvaged Patina Oxide speckles still made themselves known through the embossing and how they shifted colour slightly to a light blue.  


Tim's new 'Nature' layering stencil design, again embossed in white worked a treat to fill in the space above and below the 'bold saying'.


A couple of Tim's Stampers Anonymous 'Tiny Text' stamps embossed in white on black card personalised the 'bold saying' and indeed the tag.


It's all ready now to give to a special friend, either attached to a gift or instead of a card. 

 

Well, that's a wrap for today I think so thank you so much for your company today. 
I really appreciate you taking time out of your day to stop by. 
Look forward to seeing you again soon but until then hope you all keep on creating! 
Have a lovely weekend .
 Take Care 
and 
keep n the happy side 
Amanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and for leaving comments . Both are very much appreciated .